Michael Campbell, of Aigburth Road, Liverpool was handed the ban after it was reported that he was directing slurs towards Spurs fans during the 0-0 draw on 7 November last year.
Campbell was identified to police by witnesses, arrested and charged following an investigation with Everton Football Club.
On Thursday, Campbell appeared at South Sefton Magistrates Court in Bootle and was issued with a three year Football Banning Order, preventing him from attending any regulated football matches during that time.
He was also ordered to pay a fine and court costs.
‘Hate crime will not be tolerated’
Detective Inspector Steven O’Neill said: “Hate crime in all its forms simply will not be tolerated and I hope this result sends a clear message that anyone found to commit hate crime offences anywhere on Merseyside will be brought to justice.
“Campbell will now have a criminal record and the consequences of this in the future could prove to be significant.
“We know that the overwhelming majority of supporters attending matches are well behaved and would share our revulsion at these appalling chants.
“However, when the behaviour of fans is unacceptable we will always work with clubs to identify those people and put them before the courts.”
An Everton spokesperson said: “Club officials and security staff have worked alongside Merseyside Police in their investigation which has concluded with an arrest and subsequent conviction.
“The club strongly condemns any form of hate crime and has a zero-tolerance policy on all forms of discrimination. Any such behaviour has no place within our stadiums, our community or our game and we will act swiftly to deal with any reported instances of discrimination.”