More than 1,500 runners will take part in the half marathon through the streets of Liverpool on Sunday morning as they take in some of the city’s famous sites.
Starting at 09.00 under the Liver Birds on Pier Head, the 13.1 mile event will take the athletes past landmarks such as Liverpool Cathedral, Royal Albert Dock, Sefton Park and the Museum Of Liverpool.
The race will also finish on Pier Head in the shadow of the Three Graces - Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building and Port Of Liverpool Building.
There is also a shorter 10-mile race option available on the route.
Racers have been asked to take a Covid-19 lateral flow test in the days leading up to the event and they will collect their own water, medals and T-shirts from tables as part of coronavirus safety measures.
Race Director Alan Rothwell said: “We’re extremely excited to welcome runners back. It’s been a long time coming, and we cannot wait to see runners cross the start line this coming Sunday. And I’m sure there will be a lot of smiling faces when they complete their 10 or 13.1 miles and collect their well-earned medal under the gaze of the Liver Birds.
“Covid-19 is still here, so we all need to remain careful to look after ourselves and each other. Hands, face, space, race – and let’s make a return to races a positive experience all round.”
The race does, of course, mean road closures. So, here is the list according to Liverpool City Council.
Sunday Road Closures
- Canada Boulevard
- Mann Island
- Georges Dockway
- Water Street (Goree to Canada Boulevard)
- The Strand
- Strand Street
- Red Cross Street
- Chaloner Street (Wapping to Parliament Street)
- Parliament Street
- Upper Parliament Street (Parliament Street to Princes Road)
- Princes Road
- Princes Gate East
- Devonshire Road
- Belvidere Road
- Ullet Road (Belvidere Road to Sefton Park Road)
- Aigburth Drive (Ullet Road to Croxteth Drive)
- Croxteth Drive (Aigburth Drive to Greenbank Drive)
- Greenbank Drive (Croxteth Drive to Mossley Hill Drive)
- Greenbank Lane (Mossley Hill Drive to Greenbank Road)
- Sefton Park inner pathways
- Mossley Hill Drive (Ibbotsons Lane to Aigburth Drive and Greenbank Drive to Croxteth Drive)
- Aigburth Drive,
- Aigburth Road slip-road (Aigburth Road to Ashfield Road)
- Aigburth Road sub-way/underpass, Jericho Lane (Aigburth Road to Jericho Close)
- Otterspool Pool Drive
- Otterspool Park inner pathways
- Otterspool Promenade (Mersey Road to Atlantic Way)
- Atlantic Way
- South Ferry Quay
- Coburg Wharf
- Kings Parade
- Riverside Walk