Sadio Mane celebrates his 100th goal for Liverpool against Crystal Palace. Picture: PAUL ELLIS/AFP via Getty Images
Sadio Mane joined the Anfield 100 club when he broke the deadlock in the 43rd minute.
Palace gave a decent account of themselves in the second half but the Reds put the game beyond reach when Mo Salah rifled home a volley.
The substitute Naby Keita put the gloss on the victory in the 89th minute with a magnificent volley of his own.
- Sadio Mane: the Senegalese became the 18th player in Liverpool history to net a century of goals. He couldn’t have asked for an easier finish after Salah’s header dropped for him to rifle home. Mane was also a constant outlet down the left flank.
- James Milner: no Trent Alexander-Arnold, no worries. The veteran deputised magnificently at right-back and helped nullify the threat of Eagles talisman Wilfried Zaha. The value he offers to the side should never go undervalued. Man of the match.
- Mo Salah: the forward wasn’t at his scintillating best throughout the clash. However, when he was given a chance, he snatched it with both hands with a composed volley to wrap up the three points.
- Diogo Jota: the Portuguese missed one of the easiest chances you’ll see all season in the 38th minute. After Thiago’s header was saved, the ball dropped to Jota just yards out. With the goal at his mercy, he blazed over. Luckily, Mane spared his blushes moments later.
- Jordan Ayew: the Palace forward has now gone 34 games without a goal. He was presented with a decent opportunity when the visitors were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box but his effort failed to beat the wall. Ayew then blazed over when he had Zaha in space.
- Odsonne Édouard: the Eagles striker found himself in acres of space after coming off the bench to equalise but took an extra touch which allowed Liverpool keeper Alisson to smother the ball. It was also Edouard’s flailing leg that gave the Reds the corner net their second goal.
Liverpool (4-3-3): Alisson 7, Milner 8, Konate 7, van Dijk 7, Tsimikas 7, Fabinho 6, Thiago 7 (Keita 62; 7), Henderson 8 (Origi 88), Salah 7, Jota 6 (Jones 76), Mane 8.
Crystal Palace (4-3-3): Guaita 5, Ward 7, Mitchell 6, Guehi 7, Kouyate 5 (Olise 82), Gallagher 7, Zaha 7, Anderson 6, McArthur 6 (Riedewald 65; 5), Benteke 5 (Edouard 65; 5) Ayew 4.
Liverpool are next in action on Tuesday when they travel to Norwich City in the Carabao Cup.
Klopp is likely to make wholesale changes for the game.
The Reds then travel to Brentford on Saturday 25 September (17.30 BST).