Road closures: six for Sefton drivers over the next fortnight
Drivers in and around Sefton will have six National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And four of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with motorists facing holdups of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that six closures are due to start over the next two weeks:
• A5036, from 11pm September 19 to 5am September 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A5036 eastbound and westbound, Princess Way lane closures due to inspections.
• A59, from 9pm September 24 to 6am September 26, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M57 northbound and southbound, jct five - seven lanes closures and carriageway closures due to maintenance works.
• M58, from 9pm September 25 to 5am September 27, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M58 eastbound and westbound, junction 1 to switch Island - carriageway closure for Horticulture.
• M58, from 9pm September 27 to 5am September 28, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M58 eastbound, jct one to 2 - lane closures and carriageway closure for Horticulture.
• A5036, from 9pm September 27 to 5am September 28, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A5036 eastbound, Crosby Road South to Bridge Road Roundabout - lane closure for drainage.
• A59, from 9pm September 28 to 5am September 29, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): M58 westbound, junction 3 to junction1 - carriageway closure for Horticulture.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.